I have the houses in large sections with 5 more rows to assemble. Here is a close-up of the large, center house.
I couldn't find fabric with a picture that was the right proportion for the window, so I drew in a cat. I found clip art of a cat silhouette and printed it out in several sizes. When I chose the size I wanted I traced it onto the block using my black Pigma pen. It adds a little something to that otherwise blank space. Here are the sections so far.
It's getting there. With my time so limited I have to sew in small chunks of time instead of marathon sessions. It all adds up and I am making progress.
I have made a little progress on my houses. This is my really busy time of year at work, so I don't have much time to sew.
The rows are sewn, but they are not all sewn to each other. I did get my center house block made. I tried to put a few details on it that make it similar to my house. I selected the fabric because my house is made with light colored bricks. I put my address on the front. My front door also has an oval window. We have some small trees in the front. I put a pot of flowers by the entrance.
Here is a closer look. I think the window looks very bland in the middle of this light colored house. I haven't actually sewn the large house to the rows yet because I think I still need to add something. It would be cute to have a cat in the window or something. If I come across the right scale of fabric before I absolutely have to have it sewn in I will make a change to that window.
That's what I have been up to. Thanks for stopping by.