Sunday, March 26, 2017

Starlight, Starbright BOM

I added the last border onto Starlight, Starbright BOM today. Ta Dah!





Next step, quilting. I think I will use white thread throughout. I do not want to be changing thread colors all through this.

Has anyone else done a two-color quilt? How did you decide which thread color to use?

Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Red and Cream Month 3

I am participating in the Red and Cream BOM from Fig Tree quilts. I should have this top completed in time to have it quilted by next Christmas. That is the plan.

Here are the two newest blocks. #'s 5 and 6:

I drove myself crazy trying to have the zig-zag fabric all in the same direction within each block, but it was not possible. Oh well. I'll just try not to be so obsessive compulsive.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Starlight, Starbright flimsy

I had a terrible time with this project all the way along. I hate paper piecing, and this project had a lot. Even more than that, I hate templates. I never really understand how to make them fit together. Block #11, I tried three times. I finally gave up on it and made a substitution. I don't have the heart to take any of these apart to correct the mistakes I see. I'll just call this a 30 mph quilt. If you go by it at 30 mph, it looks OK. If you stop and look closely, the errors are apparent.


I can't believe that I didn't manage to get all of the borders on this during spring break week. I didn't take another picture with the borders added. I have one more border to go that will have to wait until next weekend. I didn't even get to touch my Lucey at all during the week. I spent every day working on my BOM projects.

Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Halo Medallion Month 3

I was able to get my month three assignment finished this week only because it is spring break. My weekend sewing time just isn't enough to stay caught up.


I had fun arranging the star centers and points for a good mix. The paper piecing took for-ev-er. I finally got it completed yesterday.
I could have played with the placement for another day, but I finally decided to space the reds the way I liked them and not worry about whether the other colors had the same center and points next to each other. I am pretty pleased with this so far. I don't know how I will be able to keep up from here on out, though. Next month is the tiny flying geese.

Thanks for stopping by.