Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Back from New York

DH and I returned from NYC last night. Have I mentioned before that I hate dealing with airlines? If not, make a note of that. I won't mention it again. On a brighter note, I had a great time with the grandsons. They are growing so quickly.

Anyway, I returned to find: Blue Ridge Beauty back from the long armer, Amish with a Twist BOM installment, and the last block in the Designer Mystery BOM installment. I really intended to get the binding on the Blue Ridge Beauty, but I sat down to sew more Great Granny Squares and just couldn't stop. These are really fun blocks.
Twelve done so far. Look at what I found in my stash as I was digging for fabrics to cut up for this project.
I don't know how to turn this around. Can you read that selvage? 1978. What is wrong with me? I think I have some kind of sickness. I probably need therapy. I have now cut it all up and whatever I don't use in the Great Granny project will go in my drawers of precut pieces for another project. I also cut up the remainder of some of the fabric I used in the Double Wedding Ring that I finished in 1993. I have one fabric remaining from that project. I could just cut it up, but I probably won't use it in this project. I don't want to OD on greens.

Lots of projects to work on. What project will I work on tomorrow? I will decide when I get to the sewing machine.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Welcome home - but that fabric is just so pretty, how could you let it sit?