Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend Progress

Couldn't sleep last night. Got up at 2:30 am and finished grading student work. That freed up Sunday for working with my Lucey. This is what I accomplished on the 2013 Designer Mystery BOM. I had fun working with the QCR Sidekick rulers.
I got more border done. This shows up better than the photo I posted yesterday.

 The above two photos are Basket Block #1. I wish I knew how to take better pictures on the frame. Sorry.

Basket #2.
I am not yet finished with Basket #3. This is my first attempt at cross hatch quilting. I used the QCR Sidekick ruler to do this. What fun. I really could use a lesson, but the ruler really makes this work even when I don't know what I am doing.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced (link on right).

Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooooh - getting FANCY!! Sounds like you are having FUN, too - and that's the BEST part of the whole process - ;))

gibbygoo56 said...

I love what you're doing! These basket blocks are stunning. I've never seen anything like #2 or #3. The quilting is pretty adorable too. Will you show more of this quilt? I'd love to see it and know more about it.

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Beautiful basket blocks! I just love them!

Barbara Arcement said...

wow that is beautiful!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Rabbit, rabbit!! - ;))

Diane E W said...

Jamie Wallen has a great tutorial on curved crosshatching and one with triangle blocks. Love how you are quilting this quilt.