Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Sewing Room Clock

I am so excited about this. I bought the clock-works and a pattern for this clock when I was in Ireland in 2013. A couple years ago, I posted that I couldn't find the pattern in my sewing room. DH keeps telling me that I need to pull my plastic drawer sections out more often to vacuum. OK, guilty as charged. A couple of weeks ago, I pulled them out to vacuum up all of the dust and gunk that accumulates in the sewing room only to find the envelope with the pattern, directions, and clockworks. Wahoo!

Since Memorial Day is a free day in the sewing room, I celebrated by working on my clock. I didn't want to use the pattern that was included with the clock-works. I have had my eye on this paper pieced flying geese circle for a long time.

I had fun digging through my stash for the colors. I have learned, from reference to a color chart, that the color I have always called purple is actually called violet. The color chart color of purple, I have always thought was magenta. Who knew?

I love the way it looks on my wall. I can see it from my DSM or my long arm. Life is good.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Heide said...

What a fun project, looks great! TFS