Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Lady of the Lake Quilt Along

Hey Everyone,
   Fat Quarter Shop has a great quilt along called Lady of the Lake. I remember seeing this block a long time ago, but haven't thought about it in years. It is a very traditional block. Visually, it is very striking. It is great as a scrappy project or in a planned colorway.

I chose to use my highly valued fat quarters of Indigo Crossing (Minick and Simpson) that I have been hoarding, hiding, petting, lusting over, holding for the perfect project.
Fabrics selected from Indigo Crossing

A few beiges that are being saved for another project


I am using my stash to supplement and make a patriotic red, white, and blue colorway. What fun.

As always, FQS provides the best instructions, including pressing directions. That always boggles my mind when I have to try to figure it out myself. My time has been really tight, but I had time to whip up seven blocks in one afternoon.

Seven completed blocks - 12" finished


I have all of my fabric cut and ready to go. I plan to finish the lap quilt size (18 blocks). I am looking forward to putting this out when I hang my Uncle Sam wallhanging and put out my scrappy flag pillows in the summer.


More blocks ready to sew

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: