Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Wild Geese Straight Furrows

This is another Fat Quarter Shop Quilt Along project. I don't think I have ever seen this block pattern before. Kimberly Jolly has a video to help you with the construction of this block here.

I chose a piece of fabric that I have had for a long time. I bought it because I really love the teal with purplish/bluish colors. The problem was that I could never put it into any project because those colors were never right with any of the 'normal' colors. I thought this would be ta great project to use that fabric. A two-color quilt is the perfect solution. The colors do not show true in any of my photos, so don't judge.


I used Triangles on a Roll for a 2" finished triangle. I must be a really terrible sewer because these never seem to be any more accurate for me than when I sew them with traditional methods.






I laid them out on my small design boards so I wouldn't turn them around. Yes, that is another problem I have.




First block done. I really love the graphic nature of this block with two colors.





Six blocks done. The pattern is really starting to show even with so few blocks. I will continue to work on this small project.


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY nice! Very dramatic - and dynamic - it's going to be a beautiful quilt - ;))