Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

FQS Coffee Koozie

FQS is running some reboots on previous projects. I am participating on the Coffee Koozie reboot. You can check these projects out on Instagram at #fqsquiltalong #fqsremix #coffeekoozie.

I selected this Michael Miller fabric from the Eco collection. I don't know how long it has been in my stash. It seemed to be perfect for this project. The whole idea of the Coffee Koozie is to avoid using those throw-away paper sleeves. This little project protects fingers from the hot cup, and at the same time saves the environment.


I found this cute little flower button in my button drawer. So perfect.

I changed up the method a little bit. I didn't use mini-charms. I used a fussy-cut piece of fabric.
Then I fused it to the batting before making the sandwich with the backing.


This photo was taken before I added top stitching around the edge.


Thanks, FQS, for the reminder about this very eco-friendly little project.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: