Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Back in the Sewing Room

The quilts are now back home from the state fair. I have turned my attention to other projects.

I am working on Kimberly Jolly's 2019 scrap challenge. She has saved scraps from every quilt project she has made in 2919 to make into a pinwheel table topper. She is offering a free pattern, here.

I am working from years of bonus triangles that I have saved. I had an overflowing box of triangles, most of them were already sewn. I took days to go through and size each of them into the nearest useable size using my BlocLoc ruler. Many of them were 1.5", which are used in Kimberly's project. When I had sets of four, I put them into the pinwheel box. I still had many odd numbers of 1.5" to save for another time. I had many in other sizes also. I organized all of them in a recently cleaned out drawer in my sewing room.




The project calls for 440 pinwheels, 2.5" unf/ 2" f. I have 443 completed and ready to begin assembling.


I got tired of pinwheels, so I returned to the Winter Wonderland quilt. I finished the embroidery this week. The blocks were already completed and waiting to be added.



It has been such a long time since I have done much embroidery that I couldn't remember how to do the feather stitch. I did a Youtube search to watch videos. That worked. Done now and ready for the longarm.

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are SO organized!! I tried to organize my triangles once - and gave up - maybe I'll try again - LOL - ;))