Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Today's Progress

I have now completed all 13 blocks in the Blogger's BOM project in my original colorway. I wish I would have known how this was going to look at the beginning of the project. I think I have way too much black, but I started using that as my background color because I didn't have enough gray in my stash. I have played around with the layout on my design wall and I think this arrangement distributes the gold pretty evenly.
I don't have anything in my stash that is appropriate for the sashing and cornerstones. I think I am going to have to buy some fabric to finish the project that I had hoped to complete entirely from my stash. Darn.

I also completed block #7 in the Designer Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter shop. This one was designed by Sandy Gervais. I really like this one. I have liked every one as I have gone along, but I especially like this one.
I have also started working on my granddaughter's big girl quilt for her third birthday in January. I don't have any pictures yet. Sorry.

Every sewing day is so precious to me. When I get back into a new semester I know that my sewing time will really be limited so I am trying to take advantage while I can. We will be traveling to NYC on Friday to spend Christmas with my daughter and her family (I will be meeting my newest grandson for the first time), so my machine time is limited.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: