Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Finish of 2013

I have completely finished my granddaughter's quilt for her third birthday. I have posted about this before, so I won't repeat all of the details. It is quilted, bound, and labeled.
I had planned to use the backing fabric for the binding, but I didn't have enough. I bought some milk chocolate brown for the binding instead. I am actually happier than I would have been with the cupcake fabric.
I was afraid that I wouldn't have quite enough yardage for the backing, so I added a row of leftover fabrics in 5" blocks surrounded by white. That gave me enough breathing room to handle the quilt as I completed it on my machine. I used Lori Holt's tutorial for completely machine attaching the binding. I am really happy with it. I hate hand sewing the binding.

I also made a doll quilt for her dolly. I used Lori Holt's tutorial for the doll quilt. Such fun.
I am ready to get these projects into a box and mail them to granddaughter in Michigan. Wish I could be there for her birthday. Sigh. Classes begin again on Monday. Too soon.




3 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Beautiful quilts! Your granddaughter will love them. :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How cute! I think the brown binding really frames it off nicely. And sweet little dolly quilt to match - lovely.

Sam said...

Breathtaking Karen. I'm happy you got it finished in time.