Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy International Quilting Day!

I am so excited that there is actually a day that recognizes quilting as a valued activity. I did a little sewing today, but not as much as I would have liked.

This week is the university's spring break so we just returned from a trip to Michigan yesterday. We visited our son, DIL, and granddaughter. That was wonderful. Little Missy has changed so much since we saw her at New Year's.

The day started with DH and I judging National History Day projects in our district of the state. It was pretty interesting. Since this is the first round of judging the quality was mixed. Having said that, I really think it is wonderful that students have enough interest in a topic to conduct research and to present it in front of judges. I am sure it is very nerve wracking for them.

When we returned home, I sewed two rows together on my Blue Ridge Beauty. It looks pretty much the same as it did in my last post. At about the time I was ready to begin putting another section together, DH brought in the mail containing the latest installment of the Designer's Mystery BOM.

I couldn't wait to put it together. This is block #10 in the series and was designed by Minick and Simpson.
Notice the direction of the pattern on the chevrons. That was a little tricky. There was even a mistake in the directions that I caught before I sewed the pieces. I didn't have to take anything apart this time, so I am pretty proud of myself, especially after all of the mistakes I had to correct in the last one.

I have some other quilt-related news. DH and I are going on Bonnie Hunter's trip to Ireland and the International Quilt Festival in June. I am very excited about it. I have signed up for a couple of classes in free motion quilting. I really want to improve my skills in that. I decided that I didn't want to take any classes for which I would need to bring fabric or supplies. I want all of my luggage space for clothes and I can take quilt classes closer to home.

That's all of my news for the day. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: