Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Farmer's Wife Progress

I have been plugging away on my FW blocks. I now have a total of 73. Woo Hoo! I have deviated quite a bit from the book. I have used a lot of blocks that have been shared at Barrister's Block, found here. I am always on the lookout for any 6" blocks offered by Lori Holt at Bee In My Bonnet. Such as this cute little basket.

This one is called Egg Basket and I found it here.  

 I have added to some of the blocks I have gotten out of the FW book. For example, I made the traditional bowtie. (Is it a pink tie or a flowered tie?)
But I think these four little ties are so cute, I just couldn't resist making them.
I made the made the spool block found in the FW book:
But, I think these four little spools are so cute, I couldn't resist making them and adding them to the mix. I even did the math myself to make this block. I am patting myself on the back because I HATE math.
I have also found a few basket blocks that are not included in the book. I added the following two blocks. I know one of them is named Cake Stand, but I never remember which one.
I have 38 blocks to go to get to 111 for a queen size quilt. I have more to make from the Barrister's Block site. When I am done with those, I will continue to rip off Lori Holt and my Left Handed Quilter friend. (See the button on the right side of my blog.)

I am linking up with Stitch by Stitch: Anything Goes Linky found here. I am also linking up with Quilt Story found here.

Thanks for stopping by.






8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful blocks!

Unknown said...

Who knew there were so many different versions of the spool blocks! Love them all and your basket blocks to.

Carolyn said...

Lovely blocks, great idea!

Kitchener Quilter said...

Love all these blocks. I really like the way you deviate from the originals, and create your own thing! Should make for a fantastic quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - you can rip me off anytime, friend! - ;))

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All the blocks look wonderful.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Wow! You are doing great finding better looking blocks. The thread spools and the bow ties definitely look wonderful in the foursome block vs. the twosome block. I should say you should be patting yourself on the back figuring all that out. I would use my Electric Quilt program to figure it out.

Jeanne said...

You have some wonderful additions to the FW quilt. I love, love, love the little bow ties and little spools. Your're making great progress. I really need to make some significant progress with mine.