Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gen X BOM

I am so thrilled that I stumbled on this BOM program. While I am certainly not Gen X by age,  I am really attracted to the modern look.  This year's Visa Versa blocks have been chosen for their polarity. Positive and Negative. You can read about the Gen X BOM for 2014 here. It is not free, but it is still very reasonably priced at $15 for the year. Monthly posts are delivered to your email.

I had a hard time chosing my color palette. I had DH drive me to several places in Lexington so I could search out a nice selection of solids. To no avail. He was very patient, but I had no luck. As a last resort, I went to our little Hobby Lobby and surprise, surprise, I found the color palette that pleased me. Note to self, check out the closest places first.

Here is the palette that I chose for this BOM project.
These are all Kona Cottons. I chose Sand as my background and sashing color. I am using my favorite, go-to white, Kona Snow as the white for the project. The other colors are (L-to-R) Espresso, Cinnamon, Caramel, ?? (no idea what this red is called), and Lagoon. I am pretty pleased with these fabrics.

I completed the first installment Shoo Fly or Churn Dash. Here is my traditional setting:

And here is the negative of this same block:
How cool is that? If you haven't heard of the Gen X BOM, you should consider joining in. I am already in love with this project. Here are the two blocks side-by-side:
I am linking up with Anything Goes Mondays found here.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great choice of color - very Amish. Your blocks look wonderful.

Cheryl said...

I love the color choices in your block, it really makes this traditional block sing!

Jayne said...

I love your color choice! I have yet to make my Vice Versa block...hopefully today. I had a difficult time deciding on my colors too! Cant wait to see more!