Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tula Pink Pillows

I have found myself waiting for a couple of shipments to arrive so I can finish up some projects. I don't have the batting to complete the Uncle Sam wallhanging (as well as several other quilt tops). I have three on-order from Hancock's of Paducah, but they are out of stock. Darn. I am waiting for two new BOM projects to arrive. First, I am waiting for the 2014 Designer's Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter Shop. Second, I am waiting for the Pumpkin Patch Lane BOM from Shabby Fabrics to arrive. I have other fabrics lined up and ready to go for quilts, but I didn't want to cut into a new project just to have the two BOM projects to arrive.

What to do? I went back to the Tula Pink Pineapple Slices pillows. I got the free pattern from Free Spirit Fabrics. PDF available here.



I used my walking foot on my domestic machine. I quilted a swirl in the center. Then I did SID along each slice and continued the line of quilting into the border.

I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. I had two 20" pillow forms from Joann's that I got at half off several months ago. These pillows will go with the Diamonds in the Sky quilt, if I ever get it finished. I just can't get into hand piecing. I know EPP is all the rage, but it just doesn't trip my trigger. I have to get it done, though, because I spent a lot of money on the kit.

I am linking up with Anything Goes Monday, and Fabric Tuesday (links at right).

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I am not a fan of English paper piecing either. I would rather appliqué with wool felt or embroider. Your pillows look fabulous!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These are so pretty! I am not nuts about EPP either.

Quilting Stories said...

Beautiful and joyful cushions!

Jackie said...

Beautiful use of the fabrics.

Barb said...

really cute!

mtnquiltr said...

Lovely pillows!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

These are gorgeous! I have this entire line in fat quarters, pressed and ready and can't decide what I am going to do with it!!! EPP doesn't do much for me either...beautiful, but too time consuming and my hands cramp up:) LOVE these!

Stampinlady said...

Found it!
http://www.westminsterfibers.com/pdf/PineappleSlicesPillows.pdf