Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sherbet and Creams #3

This weekend I had time to complete the next step in the Sherbet and Creams Quilt Along from Joanna Figueroa. The assignment was to applique the pumpkin seeds onto the four patches.


Here is the stack of 80 appliqued blocks. I used Superior Thread Monofilament and the technique taught by Beth Ferrier in her Craftsy class Machine Finished Hand Applique. Zigzag length 2, width 1. Apparently, I can't count. I had three four patches left over. Maybe I did that intentionally thinking I would have options and could choose the ones I liked best. Yeah, that's probably it.

Joanna suggested putting another layer of fabric behind the sherbet colors to prevent shadow through from the four patch prints. To eliminate bulk and shadowing, I trimmed from behind as I usually do when I applique.

I did this on all 80 blocks. The red and the darkest tan didn't need it to prevent shadowing, but I decided that I preferred the consistency of eliminating the bulk of the four patch intersection seam.

Here they are. All 80 blocks ready for the next step.

Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooooh - pretty! - ;))

Alison V. said...

These look beautiful! Enjoying your progress on this.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

they are beautiful!! wow 80 of them!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks and trimming them like that will really cut down on the bulk. Can't wait to see more!