Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Flea Market Baskets SAL

Here is an update on Flea Market Baskets, designed by Lori Holt and sold by the Fat Quarter Shop.  


This project is the best of both worlds for me. I am creating a traditional looking quilt pattern with baskets. I have always loved baskets, but have never made a quilt with them. I can get the look without needing to be in my sewing room. I find cross stitch to be a very satisfying and portable art form. The pattern can be ordered here

Fat Quarter Shop has thought of everything. A floss pack and floss keeper set is available and can be ordered here. This is the first time I have used a floss keeper. It is very cute. 


I taped the floss color number onto the back of the floss keeper. It will be easy to remove them when I am finished with the project so I can use it again for a different project.


I have finished the January assignment for the Stitch-Along (SAL) which is the center star. I didn't mean to get it done so soon. I had one day available to work on it until the middle of January, so I thought I had better get going on it. This was so easy to stitch. The pattern is very symmetrical which makes it easy to count. I didn't have to do any ripping out. 


This is such a cute project. I hope you will join us.

Thanks for stopping by,

Karen


No comments: