Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sewing Table Organizer

Since I have enough ground walnut shells to make 1,000 pin cusions, I revisited the Oh! Franson website for instructions for a sewing table organizer that has been on my radar ever since I started blogging. Now that I have the walnut shells (this will be a recurring theme on my blog), I knew I could finish this project.

Find the instructions here. I pulled out my Vintage Modern scraps from Bonnie and Camille. I love these colors so much. I know they will make me happy every day in my sewing room. I don't have any great photos, because my only camera is my iPhone. Sorry.








I customized the slots to fit the tools that I consistently have on my sewing table. When I finished it, I actually reopened it and redid the liner with walnut shells. I had filled the first attempt way too full. It was better when I redid it and had a little more 'looseness' to it. I didn't have wool felt. I used the felt that I had, but it would be better to have real felt as the insert on the top of the pincushion. Just saying. I am happy with it right now. Maybe down the road I will redo it.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: