Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sherbet and Creams

I have posted about this before (here).

I changed Joanna's pattern. She called for 2-5/8" diameter circle. I changed it to 1-3/4" diameter. The pattern called for 2" squares using sew and flip method on the corners of the blocks. I changed them to 1-1/2" squares. Crafted applique for the circles. Easy peasy.

I am very pleased with the results.



I like that more of the melon shapes are showing. I have cut my borders. I will probably need to buy some fabric for the binding because nothing in my stash goes with these colors and I have used too much of the sherbet colors in the quilt to make binding from what is left. What's a quilter to do? Shopping!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like your change to the smaller circle and square - they don't over power the melons - nice little accents instead.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - I like your version much better than the original - ;))