Sunday, April 22, 2018

April Progress on 18 in 2018

I have another finish on my 18 in 2018 list. Yeah! My original post can be found here. I have finished the Red and Cream Mystery BOM quilt from Fig Tree Quilts (#8 on my list).


As I was sewing the binding on, I noticed one seam on the sashing that I had not done SID. I pinned it back on one of the leaders, draped the rest of it over the belly bar. I used some plastic clips to give a little more tension and carefully fixed the seam. All is well now.


 I used red Glide thread in the center star, but cream Glide everywhere else. Hobbs 80/20 batting.


The lighting is terrible today. I managed to get a few pics of the blocks.






Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Wild Geese Straight Furrows

This is another Fat Quarter Shop Quilt Along project. I don't think I have ever seen this block pattern before. Kimberly Jolly has a video to help you with the construction of this block here.

I chose a piece of fabric that I have had for a long time. I bought it because I really love the teal with purplish/bluish colors. The problem was that I could never put it into any project because those colors were never right with any of the 'normal' colors. I thought this would be ta great project to use that fabric. A two-color quilt is the perfect solution. The colors do not show true in any of my photos, so don't judge.


I used Triangles on a Roll for a 2" finished triangle. I must be a really terrible sewer because these never seem to be any more accurate for me than when I sew them with traditional methods.






I laid them out on my small design boards so I wouldn't turn them around. Yes, that is another problem I have.




First block done. I really love the graphic nature of this block with two colors.





Six blocks done. The pattern is really starting to show even with so few blocks. I will continue to work on this small project.


Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Pumpkin Patch Lane Finish

Pumpkin Patch Lane was on my 18 in 2018 list to be finished this year. The original post is found here. I had stopped working on this BOM project before finishing the first block. I experienced problems with the bobbin thread being pulled to the top on my zig zag stitches. I tried switching to mono-filament top thread, but had the same problem. I saw Edyta Sitar say that she always uses a size 70 microtex needle when she sews with mono-filament thread. That did the trick. I was able to finish this project.


This project is going to my granddaughter. I quilted in 4 spiders for her to find.









Thanks for stopping by.