Sunday, February 25, 2018

Halo Medallion Progress

I got Halo Medallion loaded on the longarm this weekend. I had two days of quilting. Everything worked out great. Good tension. Lots of ideas from the quilting of Angela Walters on the Quilt Show sample and ideas from Margaret Solomon Gunn from her blog. She quilted a customer quilt that was Halo Medallion. I have taken ideas from both of these wonderful quilters.




You will notice that I am putting the double bubble, or olive in the solid green 1" sashing. I have no ideas for the other 1" or 3/4" sashings. I will not quilt inside the half inch or smaller sashings. Any ideas? Should I just leave them empty? I have done SID on both sides. Is that enough?




The cross-hatching is really hard. I don't have a curved ruler that matches that curve. I am using my Quick Curve Sidekick ruler, but I have to adjust every inch or so. I am concerned that I will really mess up as I will need to complete these in different directions. I do not want to have to turn the quilt to complete the sections.

Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

18 in 2018 January Finishes

This is a very late post. I finished all of my easy-peasy projects from my list in January.


This is the Wanna Build a Snowman wallhanging. I just had to bind, label, and add a hanging sleeve.


I finished the lap quilt and table runner Double 9-Patch, a Fat Quarter Shop project. I had to bind and label these.


I designed the quilting based on Judi Madsen's iQuilt classes.

Original 18 in 2018 post here.

Zoo Nouveau

I finished Zoo Nouveau on February 16. That is another finish from my 18 in 2018 list.


In this photo, it is pinned to my design wall with the Halo Medallion showing behind it. I am really pleased with how it turned out.


I didn't attempt to thread paint the frogs the way Ann did. I found fabric in a layer cake that I had purchased with the intention of making an I Spy quilt for my grandson. The frogs are very realistic. I love the way the seem to shine.


I fixed a few details on the Peacock. I rearranged the white tuft on top of his head so the center feather now shows. 


Instead of making snails, I cut out some lizard shapes that I found in the same I Spy layer cake. The colors are perfect. 


I am thrilled with the way the fish turned out. Thanks so much to Ann Myhre for this project that really took me out of my comfort zone.