Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sherbet and Cream Finished!

I have completed another project from my 18 in 2018 list. Sherbet and Cream is #11 on my list. The post can be found here.

I have posted progress pics on Instagram, so this will be familiar to some of you. Pictures were pretty hard today. It is cloudy and we are getting snow. I finished it off with a scrappy binding.


Here is a pic of the back. It was a pretty tedious quilting design so I am happy that it is done.


Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Audubon's Christmas Progress

Yesterday was a bummer. I was making great progress adding the sashing between blocks on the Audubon's Christmas project when I hit a major speed bump. The top row was .5" shorter than the already assembled blocks below. Do you see the difference on the design wall?


I was so pissed off that I stopped sewing for the day so I could attack the problem with a fresh mind this morning. I had to take sections apart and do more trimming to make the bottom part match the size of the top row. So many opportunities for math errors. I am sure that math errors is what got me into this mess in the first place. Here is the result.


If you look closely, you can probably see the places that were trimmed. No matter. I am satisfied with the result and am moving forward. I think this will marinate on my design wall while I decide how I will finish this off. Kathy McNeil put prairie points on every side of the project. I have never been a fan of prairie points. I need to think about how I want to finish this off.

Thanks for stopping by.