Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Big Boy Quilt

I have assembled all three advent calendars. I now need to choose backing and decide how to finish them.

I have put together Little Man's Big Boy Quilt top. I found the center panel online and purchased various baseball themed fabrics for borders. No complicated assembly. This is a kid's quilt and it will get a lot of hard use.
For the backing, I purchased 60" wide New York Mets fabric.
I had originally planned to use the red stripe fabric for the binding, but when I saw the orange in the Mets fabric I changed my mind. I didn't want a red binding to clash with the orange in the Mets logo.
The Kona Marine Blue was the perfect solution. It also matches with some of the other figures on the front.

Now, as soon as I finish quilting the Designer Mystery BOM quilt, I will be able to get this on the frame and quilt it up. It should be done in plenty of time for the September 24th birthday.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: