Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Down A Rabbit Hole

What have I started? I decided to make another doll quilt for Little Missy with scraps from the box of scraps that has been overflowing on my counter. Bonnie Hunter says that scraps should be cut into usable sizes after each project. Leaving them for later is like leaving dirty dishes in the sink. I have been guilty of that.

What was going to be a rather straight forward project is becoming overwhelming. First, I find it tedious to cut the scraps. Decisions, decisions. Is this scrap worth keeping (just in case I need a tiny bit for applique) or should I throw it away? Second, I just want to get the doll quilt sewn, but I have so many scraps to go through it is taking for..ev..er.

 Some of these fabrics are from my mother's stash and some are from my projects. They all carry memories. Polyester? Seriously? Many of these fabrics are leftovers from when I used to make clothes. Those are being dumped. That does help speed the process a bit. Much more to go.


Here is the layout of the first row of the doll quilt. Dresden Plates with blocks that will form a secondary design.
One row laid out. Four more to go. There will be 13 Dresdens and 13 alternate blocks.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I don't like to cut everything down - you just might need that larger piece. If it gets to a point where it is the last 3.5" or 2.5" then it goes into my barrels. Culling is a good part of the process. I like the dredens project that is progress. I've done one or two for a sampler or pillow, but never a whole quilt - I do like this setting.