Monday, December 28, 2015

Amish With a Twist

I got the Amish With a Twist loaded on Lucey. When I checked my stitching on a sample at the side of the quilt, I noticed that the cotton batting showed on the back. I had to make a decision. Either I would keep the cotton layer, or I would take it out while I had the chance. I had only done the basting at the top and down the sides. I took the cotton batting off the frame.


The Amish With a Twist is now only loaded with the wool batting. It has taken me a couple of days to get my photos posted.

Curly Twirly feathers in the border. Navy thread on navy border.




Corner blocks. Red thread.




Light gray Glide thread on remaining blocks. Ignore the thread build up in the log cabin blocks.


Continuous Curve

I got all mixed up in the center red square. Now I have to repeat that design throughout so it doesn't look like a mistake.





















I hope to get some more sewing time today.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is stunning! Lots of work, but it is going to be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I like that you decided to do different designs in each section rather than an all-over pantograph - it's so much more interesting your way - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting and making a mistake in the red and continuing with it.....makes a very original design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooohhhhh is the first thing that comes to mind!!! Your quilting is so incredible! It inspires me!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete