Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Zoo Nouveau

I finished Zoo Nouveau on February 16. That is another finish from my 18 in 2018 list.


In this photo, it is pinned to my design wall with the Halo Medallion showing behind it. I am really pleased with how it turned out.


I didn't attempt to thread paint the frogs the way Ann did. I found fabric in a layer cake that I had purchased with the intention of making an I Spy quilt for my grandson. The frogs are very realistic. I love the way the seem to shine.


I fixed a few details on the Peacock. I rearranged the white tuft on top of his head so the center feather now shows. 


Instead of making snails, I cut out some lizard shapes that I found in the same I Spy layer cake. The colors are perfect. 


I am thrilled with the way the fish turned out. Thanks so much to Ann Myhre for this project that really took me out of my comfort zone.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW - that is so pretty! Your trip "out of your comfort zone" really turned out nicely - ;))

sanpiseth40 said...

I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
Thanks for sharing
หนังชีวประวัติ