Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Audubon's Christmas Progress

Yesterday was a bummer. I was making great progress adding the sashing between blocks on the Audubon's Christmas project when I hit a major speed bump. The top row was .5" shorter than the already assembled blocks below. Do you see the difference on the design wall?


I was so pissed off that I stopped sewing for the day so I could attack the problem with a fresh mind this morning. I had to take sections apart and do more trimming to make the bottom part match the size of the top row. So many opportunities for math errors. I am sure that math errors is what got me into this mess in the first place. Here is the result.


If you look closely, you can probably see the places that were trimmed. No matter. I am satisfied with the result and am moving forward. I think this will marinate on my design wall while I decide how I will finish this off. Kathy McNeil put prairie points on every side of the project. I have never been a fan of prairie points. I need to think about how I want to finish this off.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is beautiful! Nicely done and I agree with doing away with the prairie points, it would take away from the lovely center design. Maybe a single border buffalo print? Compliments the red and black in the birds and cozy for winter.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - it is beautiful! - And no prairie points - I'm not a fan of those either. The perfect border will come to you - the quilt will tell you what it wants you to do - ;))

Barb said...

your fix looks great. I find the more pieces I applique' on a block the more it shrinks up. It is hard to know how much larger to make the background. What a pretty and elegant pattern.

dq said...

Sorry for your struggles. It is beyond amazing though! I am so glad you tackled the problem instead of quitting for years. Sometimes that happens when we get stuck.