Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

   I was able to participate in the Friday Night Sew In for the first time. That was fun. I continued working on my Strawberry Marmelade quilt. It has been sitting, lonely, waiting for me since Sunday (see previous entry).
   So much for thinking I wouldn't need to use the step stool to reach the top of my design wall. I was up and down on that stool. I think I should have gone ahead and made the design wall go up to the ceiling. Then my quilt wouldn't be drooping off at the bottom.
   I started joining my diagonal rows at the bottom left corner. I know a lot of you speedy sewers would have accomplished a lot more than this. I only spent a little over two hours before I became too bleary eyed to continue. Thanks to the organizers of Friday Night Sew In. Without that appointment, I might have let Friday night slip by without getting into my sewing room.
   Today DH and I will make a trip to my LQS in Lexington to pick up my walking foot. Then I will be able to do more machine quilting practice on that baby quilt. My plan is to get good enough at machine quilting to be able to get some of my unquilted tops quilted. I'm not getting any younger and these tops have been waiting around for YEARS to be completed.

No comments: