Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Productive Day

What a great Saturday. I spent the whole day diddling around in my sewing room. I found two more of my grandmother's quilts and got them hung up in the quilt closet. I spent time getting the correct needle position for a consistent scant 1/4" on my sewing machine. I also made a few projects that have been on the top of my to do list.
I made this cute little thread catcher. It is from Primitive Gatherings, copyright 2011. I have to pay closer attention to where I come across these things. I would like to give credit and thanks to the designer. I am keeping this on my sewing table. It is meant to use when hand sewing, but I don't do that anymore unless I have to.
I also made this chick pin cushion. I got the pattern the other day on a blog I follow. It was designed by Deonn Stott from Quiltscapes Quilting. I still have to stuff it and get some little beads for the eyes. When I saw these online I knew I just had to make some, so here is the first one.

I made the blocks for the Strawberry Marmelade quilt that was posted on Moda Bakeshop recently. It is from Sweetwater Cotton Shoppe. I love the fabric. It is Together by Brannock and Patek. Today I plan to sew the top together with the background and setting squares.

It's been a long time since I have accomplished so much sewing in one day. Feels great. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: