I have the houses in large sections with 5 more rows to assemble. Here is a close-up of the large, center house.
I couldn't find fabric with a picture that was the right proportion for the window, so I drew in a cat. I found clip art of a cat silhouette and printed it out in several sizes. When I chose the size I wanted I traced it onto the block using my black Pigma pen. It adds a little something to that otherwise blank space. Here are the sections so far.
It's getting there. With my time so limited I have to sew in small chunks of time instead of marathon sessions. It all adds up and I am making progress.