Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

UN-Sewjo Sunday

Oy. Karma will get you when you aren't looking. Here is the sewing I completed yesterday.

I finished sewing the Flying Geese blocks. I trimmed them all. All 192 of them. Phew. The boring part was now over. On to putting together the blocks. Here are the first two blocks I assembled.

Look at the two Star Surround centers I completed yesterday (before stopping so I could watch MSU beat Wisconsin). Pretty good. I was very proud of myself. The points turned out great. Look at this closeup. I am sure I was proud of myself.

I was so proud of my perfect points. I didn't say it out loud, but I patted myself on the back in my head. OK. Here is the problem. The corner blocks are not supposed to be HST's. They are supposed to be solid squares. How did I make that mistake? Oy. Fortunately, because of the basketball game, I only completed two blocks. Today, I had to UN-sew. I hate that, of course. I discovered my error when I checked the instructions for the next section of instructions. WHAT? How could I make such a mistake? Nonetheless, the mistake was made. Today, I had to UN-sew those blocks to replace the corner blocks.
This is the correct layout for the blocks.
Here are the two blocks resewn. They are not quite as perfect, but I can live with them. Ok. Now, moving on.

Thanks for stopping by.



 

5 comments:

Alison V. said...

Hooray for perfect points but hooray for finished blocks too!

Karen said...

I think the blocks look great both ways, but yes, if they hav to fit into a design they have to be done properly. The points are perfect!

Go-Go Kim said...

OH NO! I had some major unsewing with leather today :o( The blocks look amazing! Thank you for linking up to SEWjo Saturday

Anonymous said...

SHOOT! I must admit I like your first version better, ha ha! I have had to do lots of unsewing today too, as my FMQ was not working on my old Pfaff. Something is up with the tension. I switch to my other fancier machine, which I though needed another check up in the repair shop, but everything worked fine… MYSTERY! So back to the fancy machine for me!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I liked the half square triangles in the corners! I suppose it's best to follow directions. I seem to have to unsew all the time! I think we're all in good company!