Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sewing Day

I have had two good sewing days. The newest Designer BOM from Fat Quarter Shop arrived. The first thing I did was make a terrible mistake in cutting my pieces. Duh! Even though FQS sends very generous cuts, I couldn't make up for this mistake. I had to carefully adjust so that the error was in the seam allowance, not in the finished size. Whew. It worked. Here is the block.
I love these colors. The fabric is from Laundry Baskets. Love Edyta!

The other thing I put together is a scrap pillow using the bonus triangles from the Uncle Sam wallhanging.
I used the tutorial found here, but my HST's weren't exactly the right size. I adjusted and came out with a 14x21" pillow. Now I have to get filling so I can finish it. I have enough HST's for a second pillow.

I am linking up with BOM's Away Monday @ What a Hoot. Link here.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous. I need to go sew mine. I haven't sewn in days and am so behind.....nothing new about that though.....giggle. Maybe you'll keep me motivated.

Lynette said...

Such a pretty traditional set there - love that focus fabric in the center in particular. I really hate it when I make cutting goofs - Yay for being able to squeeze it into working for you!

ashley said...

I'm doing this mystery quilt also, love the colors, so far I've only cut two pieces wrong. You did a great job of hiding the mistake. I was saved by the extra material. Thank god.