Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Amish with a Twist II Finish


 Ta dah! The Amish with a Twist II is finished. This has been in the works for years. The flimsy was finished in July, 2013. It has aged perfectly.





As I was quilting this, I got mixed up as I was quilting so I decided that I had to repeat the error so it wouldn't look like a mistake. Before I was finished, I decided on a different design for that block.  When I turned the quilt to finish the borders, I went back and changed it to feathers. Always works.
Center design I didn't like

Feathered center
It is 105x105" finished. I used Glide thread and wool batting. 

Glad to have the second finish of 2016 off the frame. By the way, Rabbit, rabbit. It's the first day of a month.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Fabulous quilt and what amazing quilting. What a great finish.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Rabbit, rabbit! - I know I'm late - but better late than never - haha. And you must have read my mind - I was wondering if you had put "Amish with a Twist" back on Lucey to finish up the curly, twirly border. It looks GREAT - ;))