Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Twirl

Another project I am working on is Twirl, a pattern from Joanna Figeroa. I always love her fabric designs and colors. So sweet.

Here is the layout beside my machine. I am using design boards ala Lori Holt. These are so helpful. I really need to make more.


For the stems, I used glue to turn and hold the seam allowances onto applique sheets that will disolve in water. That eliminates the need to remove freezer paper from the back. I stitched with monofilament from  Superior Threads. Used the method I learned from Beth Ferrier in her Craftsy class. Zigzag width of 1, stitch length of 2. It really went fast. I have all of the stems sewn.

Twirl Blocks - 10" finished
Here are my first four completed blocks.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Heide said...

I just love this block, going to have to get it. You fabric picks are super. Looking forward to seeing this all put together and quilted!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have a few different size boards ala LH and just love using them. This is a very pretty pattern and your fabric choice is perfect.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I, too, have made those design boards - in several different sizes - and I love using them. Those blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt - ;))