Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Another Finish for 2016

I completed another quilt. Canned Pears is completely done. Quilted, labeled and bound. This pattern is from Fig Tree Quilts. It is a bit smaller than I usually make. It would fit better on a twin size bed.

I free motion quilted feathers in the main part of the quilt.












I made three extra blocks as I made the quilt so I could play around with the placement of colors. I made those blocks into a pillow sham. I quilted the same size feathers on it as I did on the quilt top (below).



I made a narrow border of feathers, continuous curve in the checkerboard, and piano keys in the outer border. I filled every other piano key.

I am linking up with Podunk Pretties.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very pretty quilt and love the quilting.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - Very pretty quilt and I love the quilting. The feathers in the main part fill the space perfectly - and I especially like the quilting that you did in the borders. You're getting good, lady! - ;))

Janice Holton said...

Yay for another finish! Not having very many of my own yet I celebrate every time I see one. It's a big deal! Your pear quilt is BEAUTIFULLY quilted!