Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Starlight, Starbright

Rabbit, rabbit. It is the first day of another month. Did I say it first?

Another installment of Starlight, Starbright. Yikes. Another pattern with templates. I tried. I really tried.

Here is the pattern and my failed attempt.


Pitiful. Just pitiful. I was able to do the block below which looks infinitely more difficult. It only has one pucker.



Look at the ugliness on the back.


I was so totally frustrated that I gave up. The unfinished block is at the bottom of the project bin. Maybe I will be inspired to finish it another day. I found another 12" finished star block pattern to substitute. Voila! Great solution.


 Except...I am making red stars with white backgrounds. Oy. On another day. When I am fresh. When I can think straight. I will remake this with the correct coloring. I am not going to feel guilty about switching out blocks that I do not have the skills or the interest to make. There. No more guilt. I will be like Scarlett O'Hara. Fiddle-dee-dee. Tomorrow is another day.


 

2 comments:

  1. OYI - is right! Yes, a fresh mind on a fresh day might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit, rabbit! - You beat me to it this time - ;))

    One tip I read once for sewing "in-set" seams was to start at the inside point where the other two pieces join and sew "out" to the edge - if that makes sense - but if it was me - I would use the white star with the red background and play the "one of these is not like the others" game - ;)) Bottom line - if it's not FUN - do something else - ;))

    ReplyDelete