Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Wanna Build a Snowman?

I had room for another project on my wide backing that is loaded on my Lucey, so I added this wallhanging. It is called "Wanna Build a Snowman" and can be found here.

The pattern came as a 21" wide project. I wanted it to cover my fuse box and I have a 42" space. I took the pattern to the UPS store and had it enlarged by 200%. Now it is the perfect size.

 This one is all free motion, so hardly any ruler work. I only needed to use my straight ruler for the SID on the inner border and the piano key border on the outer border.





This is a fused applique project. I didn't zigzag it on the DSM so I quilted around each piece in addition to the FMQ.

My favorite part was working on the fringe on the scarf. This was a fun project. It is still on the machine because I have room for one more project on that backing. Yes, I am lazy. And also frugal.

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Sherrill said...

What pattern did you use? He looks adorable even though there's no full on shot.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I don't think you're lazy at all - frugal, yes - and VERY clever to use a large backing for more than one project - smart lady! It looks like you had a LOT of fun re-sizing, building and quilting your snowman - he looks terrific! - ;))