Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Making Progress

I have been able to spend some time in my sewing room lately. I have accomplished several things.
I am participating in a rainbow charm swap. I was assigned yellow. I sent these two swatches off today. I purchased both from Fat Quarter Shop. On the left is a marigold shooting stars fabric. It looks more vibrant in person than this photo. The other is Daisy chain. I love this yellow. Anyway, they have been sent off and I am looking forward to receiving my package of a rainbow of charms in exchange.

I have also been practicing free motion quilting. The first picture is the February assignment. I didn't get it posted in time to be included in the prize drawing for the month, but I finished it anyway. The second is the March FMQ assignment. I will get that posted tonight.
Finally, I made the decision about the sashing and cornerstone fabric for my 365 houses project. I am really loving this choice. I think the gray w/polka dots is a good alternative to black and I really like the red that is toned down with black squiggles. I am looking forward to getting this attached to the blocks I have completed so far.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: