Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop

I am linking this post to the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link Up. There is a fun Blog Hop going on. You should check it out.
  Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop

Thanks to Plum and June for hosting this hop. This is my first Monday Link Up. I would have had a lot more to show for the week and I am blaming it on DH. Yesterday my plan was to work on the FMQ June challenge and make more Scrap Houses. Just as I was ready to begin DH swept me away on a day trip to Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. We have only lived in Kentucky for three years and there are many places we need to investigate. It was only an hour and a half drive from where we live so it was a great day trip.
It is beautiful, that's for sure. We stopped at a scenic lookout to see what we could see.
Not much except trees and wooded mountains as far as we could see.
We checked out several of the trails as we had planned to hike the trails to the falls. No way. These trails are WAAAY too challenging for us. They are extremely steep, from what we could see at the beginning of each. At our age, a fall could be very serious. We chickened out.
I took a picture down one of the slopes but you can't appreciate how steep and how deep it was. We couldn't see the forest floor from where we were. We are not really wimps. We hiked at Natural Bridge two years ago. We hiked at Mt. St. Helens last year. This one scared the bejeebers out of us. I have a whole new appreciation for the efforts of the pioneers who settled and/or moved through this area. I don't know how they did it.

Even though we stayed on very safe, relatively flat terrain, my knee is killing me today. I may have twisted it without knowing. I didn't notice it until I got up this morning. This getting old crap if for the birds. On the other hand, the alternative isn't too good either. My mother would tell me to "quit yer belly-aching." I would use another term, but my mother was a nicer person than I am.

That's my big long excuse for not getting more done. A good day of sewing was lost.

I have already posted about finishing the quilting of my Prism quilt. Someone asked about the backing and I realized that I didn't even show that.
It's pretty gaudy. I bought a ton of it a long time ago because it was on clearance and I knew I could use it for backings. Now I finally have. See? There is always a reason to buy fabric. It does eventually get used.

I also finished the baby quilt I have blogged about before. It is made with Hoopla from Moda. I got the pattern on the Moda Bake Shop site.

Now that it is finished...OK, I lied. I have about 1/3 of the binding to finish. Now that it is nearly finished, I am thinking that it is too girly. We now know that baby Whozits (due in October) is a boy. I originally thought the primary and secondary colors would be great, but as I have worked on it, I think it is too flowery. I think I will be looking for more boyish fabric and have a go at another one.

I also have been working on my scrap houses. I have 162 total. Woo hoo! By my reckoning I have now caught up to where I would have been if I had sewn one house per day since January 1.


Now I still have to sew like crazy to get them done before the fall semester begins. That will really put a halt to all of my progress. Who can actually sew one scrap house a day? My life doesn't work like that, but I will get to the end of this project anyway. 

If you are hopping around on the Get Acquainted blog, welcome and I hope you stop by again. My followers are terribly bored by this blog because they have heard it all before. Sorry. Well, except for Cumberland Falls. I haven't blogged about that before.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hey, I like visiting your progress on the little houses - I find doing several on one day is much more productive anyway.

Ella said...

Love the prism! The house blocks are fab!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Boring is fine with me - I LIKE boring!! Except that your blog is NOT boring - I like watching your progress on your houses and your Christmas snowmen. You want boring - come visit my blog - I don't think anyone is making my LHQSQ blocks but me - ;))

Mallorie Anderson said...

I'm not bored at all! I really enjoy following along, I'm not good with being consistant 24-7 either so getting to see similarities is a big plus :)

Cherie said...

Such great projects! Loving the fun and bright baby quilt. Wow that's a lot of hosues! =D

Kwan'sQuilt said...

Your baby quilt is lovely and fun..You made a lot of house blocks...so nice. Looking forward to see the next step. :)

Beth said...

I love the colors in your baby quilt. I'll have to browse through your blog to find your prism. And that park does look beautiful! Thanks for linking up.