Monday, April 22, 2013

Two-week Report

I've just kept my head down and sewed. I have been getting a lot done. First, I completed my bee's blocks for April.
Aren't they cute? Most of the fabrics were sent to me. I just needed to add a few 2.5" squares from my stash. I can't wait to see how these will be put together. I can just see a quilt set on point with these blocks. They are winging (or swimming) their way to Western Australia.

Next, I completed the Designer Mystery BOM block. It is block #11, so we are getting close to the end. I just love Vintage Modern.

Next, I have continued working on the project that I have consistently, and incorrectly been calling Blazing Stars. WRONG! It is called Star Struck. The pattern is available on Bonnie Hunter's website, Quiltville. I started this in a class I took from her when she was in Shepherdsville, KY in September.
I laid them out, sorted by the blues so I could assemble each group of four together with different fabrics. I think I have also successfully gotten them with different reds in each block, but I wasn't really trying to do that.
This is the last pile I need to get sewn into fours. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Here is my layout so far. The part that really bogs me down is assembling the rows and then connecting the rows. That always seems like such a chore.

I will be linking up today with the Let's Get Acquainted Linky. You will find it here and also at the Anything Goes Linky found here. I am also linking to the WIP Wednesday Link up found here. Won't you check them out and see if you meet someone new?

Thanks for stopping by.



12 comments:

  1. wow you've been busy! I love vintage modern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really meant it when you said you just kept your head down and sewed! LOTS accomplished! I am awe struck by your star blocks - they look great on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like sewing blocks into long rows and then sewing the long rows together. I prefer to sew the blocks into 4-patches or 9-patches - depending on the the number of blocks in the quilt - then sewing those into bigger blocks until I only have 4 or 9 "chunks" to sew together. We sew "units" into blocks - so why not treat each block as a "unit" and just sew it into a bigger one??? - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy, nice work, love that Star Struck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely blocks!

    Nice work on the Star Struck blocks - that's a huge amount!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Star Struck is amazing! I like your different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been busy...everything looks great! Visiting from Let's Get Acquainted. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My my my! And I though *I* liked repetition!! The star struck top is coming along fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your star struck is lovely. I use similar methods when doing scrappy projects to sort and try and make sure I have some level of diversity in each block. But then I have to let go when arranging the blocks because there's no way to prevent similar fabrics from being contiguous some of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The modern vintage blocks fit the description exactly. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete