Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ready for Borders and Backing

I have finished assembling the blocks for the Star Struck quilt.
I used the method suggested by my Left-Handed Friend (see the button on my sidebar). I assembled the blocks as four patches; then sewed together those four patches into larger four patches. I found it to be a much more enjoyable process than sewing blocks into rows and then assembling the rows.

I think I will be adding borders. I want to add a narrow, solid navy and then add a wider dark print. I don't think I have the right fabric because I just finished my Blue Ridge Beauty with lots of blues. Oh dear. I might have to go fabric shopping.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is how I am teaching my SIL to assemble her BIG quilt - this is just wonderful, but scrappy and a star pattern, who can resist.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Karen - THANKS for the shout-out - it IS an easier way to assemble a quilt, isn't it? I like your idea of a narrow, solid navy and then a wider dark print. So sorry that you might have to go fabric shopping - haha - ;))