Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Domestic Machine Quilting

I have been working on the Pine Tree Wallhanging. I had great frustration quilting inside the trees. The top thread kept breaking. I tried changing everything I could think of: new needle, rethread machine (many times), lessen top tension. I finally finished that part. When I stippled around the trees with white thread (same brand, weight as the darker thread) I have very few breaks. That still doesn't make sense to me.

Here are my first feathers. I drew these on paper many times, but this is the first time I have actually quilted them.
Here is one of the corner triangles:
Here is the feathered border:
All in all, if I keep anyone from being closer than 5 feet of it, it looks OK. I'll be finishing up with the corner blocks today.

Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Marlene said...

Karen that is looking great. Love what you have done on the trees. I think you practicing drawing the feathers has paid off-they look fantastic.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I think your quilting looks wonderful! Love all your feathers. You did so many different ones! Looks great!!