Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Seriously Behind

I am seriously behind according to me. That is the only measure that matters. I finished quilting the Star Surround quilt top. I went  back to check, and I found that  I had that top on my machine all of November and December. I didn't actually finish quilting it until January 2.
I like it much better now that it is off of the frame and I am not looking at it from 6" away. I think it really is OK.
I really wanted to get a project completed during my winter break. As soon as I finished the Star Surround I went to my local hobby shop that happens to carry Kona Cotton solids. Wouldn't you know it? The color I wanted wasn't in stock. No Kona Charcoal to finish the Star Surround.

In an act of desperation, I bought a different Kona Cotton that could be used as a binding to finish off another project that has been sitting for months, waiting for binding. I found Kona Coffee which is the perfect color to  bind my Great Granny Square quilt.

I know it looks black in the photos, but it really is a dark brown. This saved me from not being able to say that I finished anything during the holiday break.

Back to work tomorrow. I have loaded my next long arm quilting project on Lucey, so when I have a little time to get back to quilting, I will be able to get to it. Next up is Under the Stars.

Thanks for stopping by.



11 comments:

Marly said...

Your quilting on the Star Surround is amazing!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

WOnderful quilting on both quilts.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your quilting on this one (and others) and think that it is better than OK - it's AWESOME!! - And Kona COFFEE is the perfect choice for binding your Great Granny Squares quilt. I read somewhere that if you want to add another color without actually adding another COLOR to go with a brown - looks like it works - ;))

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Both quilts look amazing! I am glad you were able to get a finish in on your winter break. I have been considering starting a granny squares quilt and yours is great inspiration. I might just have to pick up some Kona as a background soon...

Unknown said...

Love it so much!!! It turned out SOOOO great!!!!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Star Surround: wow, both the pattern and the quilting are fantastic. What a beauty!

Chris said...

The Star quilt is just fabulous!!

Jayne said...

What a great quilt and block!

Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) said...

Love your quilting on both quilts!!! So incredibly beautiful!!

~ Jess ~
Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

Kim said...

Love the quilting and beautiful quilts!

Diane said...

Love your quilting