Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Farmer's Wife Update

Farmer's Wife is still on the frame. Poor Uncle Sam is still waiting. Missed 4th of July on that one. It will be ready for next year.

An email to my dealer, Angela Huffman (here) has solved my tension problem. Her email instructions as well as the link she sent to this Jamie Wallen YouTube video did the trick. What a difference it makes when I can spend hours quilting rather than a couple minutes at a time.

Here are a couple pictures:


It is a challenge coming up with a quilting design for each 6 inch block. I feel like I am repeating a lot of things. In some blocks, I am just outlining the pieces. I am also trying to give some contrast to the swirls I am putting in the sashing and setting triangles.

I am linking up today with Anything Goes Monday (link at right); Free Motion by the River (link at right). I am also linking to Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday (link at right), I have to say here and Freshly Pieced here.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

I love what you are doing with the quilting.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What I can see is just lovely, can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

I really like what you've done so far. The more Farmer's Wife quilts I see the closer it gets to being put on my must-make list. Can't wait to see what yours looks like finished. Thanks for linking up to Anything Goes Mondays!

Naomi said...

This looks fabulous.

Dora, the Quilter said...

This is going to be such a special quilts. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Elaine said...

Wonderful quilting!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Beautiful quilting! I'm so glad your tension problem got resolved - there's not much more frustrating than getting into a good quilting rhythm only to have thread breaks, or other tension problems! I cannot wait to see your Gypsy Wife quilt - it is one of my all-time fave quilt patterns (and I cannot find one anywhere...sigh).

SIMPLESEW said...

stopping by Anything Goes.. Wonderful work

Deonn said...

Oooh, luscious quilting, Karen! And each block with it's own design? Fun challenge - looks great so far.

Jan Briggs said...

This is looking really nice. I've heard of the Farmer's Wife quilt, and think it would be a fun quilt to make. :)