Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Uncle Sam is Finished!

Another finish for 2014. Here he is.

I chose this wall hanging specifically because of its size (in addition to the fact that I really love it). I have an ugly spot that I needed to hide. Oh, the shame. Here it is:
When we finished our basement, I wanted to have a cover of some kind over the fuse box. The builder's quick solution was to paint it the same as the wall color. I suppose it was a reasonable solution, but it has always bothered me. Then along came the Uncle Sam wall hanging. It fits the space perfectly.
This is much better. The next project up on my to do list is another wall hanging for that same spot that isn't holiday specific.

I am linking up to Anything Goes Monday (link on right).

Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Perfect place for Uncle Sam. I'm so glad you got to finish him and that he has such a great place to hang.

Barb said...

perfect cover up and what a fun quilt!