Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

On the Frame

The Lori Holt Row Along Quilt is on the frame.
I have once again put the quilt oriented with the top of the quilt on my right, and the bottom of the quilt on my left. I had to piece the backing, so I didn't want the seam to roll on itself on the backing bar. That is why I turned it.
Here is an example of how poor my color memory is. Do you see the backing on the far bar? That is the fabric I bought at the Quilt Box in June. I wrote about it here. I thought this would be the perfect match for the turquoise fabrics I used on the front. Take a look. Far from it. The backing has a creamy background and is a soft turquoise. The turquoise on the quilt front is very bright and the background is quite white. I should never buy fabric unless I have samples in hand. Oh well. It is just the back. I can live with it.

Thanks for stopping by,


2 comments:

Deonn said...

Wow, what a terrific quilt - and that backing seems just perfect in the picture!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Rabbit, rabbit!! - ;))