Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

First Finish of 2012

Here is my first finish of 2012!

It is a baby quilt that I had originally intended to make for my first grandchild (who is now 29 months old). I was disappointed when the kit arrived because the main section of the quilt is a panel. I thought it was entirely pieced and appliqued. When I got my new sewing machine in September, 2011, I pulled this project out so I could practice on the machine. I used it to practice my quarter inch seams, free motion quilting, and to use my new walking foot for straight quilting. I wasn't very fussy about the way I finished it. I machine applied the binding...on both sides. How lazy can you get? It served its purpose. I got practice. I might give it to a charity, but I don't want my name on it and I wouldn't give it to anyone I know.

By the way, I have sent the traveling stash on to Annie. I sent it on Saturday. I put another couple pieces of fabric in the box. If it fits, it ships works for me.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Panel prints are GREAT for practice! I would keep this one as a simple reminder of how far you have come in improving your skills. You can't really tell if you don't have something "old" to compare. ;))