Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ott Lights

Serendipity leads to good things. DH and I made a trip to Lexington yesterday for a couple of errands. I needed to return a couple of Christmas gifts. As I was directing DH to the store, I accidentally had him turn one street too soon. As we were weaving our way through a strip mall to get to my intended destination, we happened upon a Jo-Ann's. I had not known that it was so close to a place I can easily get to. (I am not too adventurous about finding my way around a strange place.) After I returned the gifts, DH suggested that we go back to the Jo-Ann's store. Can you believe it? I thought I was going to have to get back there myself sometime. While I was browsing through the threads and notions, DH was looking at the Ott lights. They were on sale. He had been watching me the previous day trying to use my cutting table without working in my own shadow. (I told the builder I needed 8 overhead lights in that room, not the six he put in.) Anyway, DH found a set of two Ott lights, one table and one floor, that were on sale for $99 instead of $279. What a deal. I got an additional Christmas gift on Dec. 31.


What a difference this makes. I can cut fabric and not be working in my own shadow. I have the extra light I need at my machine so I can match seams of even dark fabrics.

Since I didn't know I would be at a Jo-Ann's I didn't take my 10% off coupon that I had received by email. Don't tell DH! I would have saved another $10. This is my third post in one day. I'll be quiet now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

What a great find! I know I could use a couple OTT lights too. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good sale at my JoAnn's. It sure is hard trying to cut or sew in the shadows.