Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Great Granny Top

I have happily continued piecing blocks for the Great Granny Quilt. I have completed 30 blocks (5x6) and begun to add sashing.
This has been such a fun quilt to piece together. I have other things in the works, but I just couldn't seem to stop working on this one. I have some detail photos.
These are the main fabrics that made up my 'precious' stash. I just couldn't seem to cut into them because they were being saved for a 'special' project. Duh!
Don't we just all love green and pink? Have I grown up yet? Apparently not. These were also in my precious stash.
I got the light blue fabric from DIL. I really love it. There is a touch of green in there that really makes this fabric span the 90's with new, fresher fabrics. I combined this blue with some DS fabrics that I am currently hoarding in my new 'precious' stash. I need serious therapy.

I will be finishing this top ASAP so I can move on to other projects that are on my 'to do' list. Thanks for stopping by.








2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This looks lovely - I would have to keep playing with this one myself.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Karen - using your "precious" stash for a "special" project - has turned into a GREAT Granny top - ;))