Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hashtag on the Design Wall

Look at what I have been up to. The Star Struck quilt top is packed up and will be mailed to Missouri Star Quilt Company tomorrow. I have been taking a Craftsy class from Camille Roskelley. This is such a cute design, I just couldn't wait to work on it.
She calls it Hashtag. I am really enjoying learning some tricks from her, like the way she makes sure that the Hashtags all line up. It sounds like a simple thing, but I have made many quilts with sashing strips and then found that my blocks didn't line up well. If you have been on the fence about taking this class, I highly recommend it. I have to get border and binding fabric. I want to get fabrics from this line instead of winging it like I usually do. I don't want to order it yet because we'll be out of town for a few days. I will order it when we get back.

I am pulling together fabrics for Swoon. She covers that one in this class too. I never get tired of seeing Swoon blocks. I have never seen one that I didn't like. I hope I can put together fabrics that will look as good as some of the finished Swoons I have seen.

DH's b'day today. I am cooking. I'm making salmon. No cake. We never eat it fast enough and end up throwing most of it away. We'll have a birthday cookie for dessert. We really are old farts.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a cute pattern and love the colour play. I did a mini swoon block - should really tackle the large one some day.

Sheila said...

This is a wonderful little pattern. Good idea for a quilt pattern!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Cute quilt!